Last Updated on September 30, 2022 by admin
Best Hunting Backpack For Elk
Top 3 backpacks for elk hunting
The backpacks that are mentioned below are the best backpacks for elk hunting. They have great size, ability to disperse weight well and affordable. Their quality is up to the mark.
Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack
Badlands has been in the market for 25 years now and a lot has changed during this time. Their backpacks have great sale in the market. The product has huge demand. A great problem we face during hunting is the overstuffing of bags and at the end of the trip it feels like our shoulders are screaming out to us. With a load carrying perfection, it has lighter and stronger magnesium frame. The 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack has following other cutting edge features:
1. Badland designed this bag with ThermoMold padding system which helps us to carry things easily.
2. The product contains chest compression strips to keep the bag in place. It also retains your center of gravity which is very important for carrying bags.
3. This backpack is completely waterproof because KXO-32 fabric is used in it.
4. It has vast space to carry accessories.
This backpack is not ideal for overnight hunting use.
[4.8 out of 5]
- Life time guaranty
- 22.5 L volume
- No refrigerator compartment
Horn Hunter Full Curl System Backpack
This backpack has versatile internal frame with a strong external frame. The horn hunter packs usually solve the problem and make the hunting easy. Following are some of the feature ake it standout in the market.
1. It is the high capacity backpack which gives you anything you want during hunting.
2. It can store about 90 liters of things which is more than enough. If you have high capacity bag, you must need high durability.
3. It consists of H3 tube framing as an internal frame.
4. It is not easy to carry 90 liters of luggage but thankful to the strips of this bag. These strips are not only adjustable but contains clip at the center to fasten these strips to the midsection.
5. It contains about 8 pockets.
6. The polyester material is used in this backpack
[4.2 out of 5]
- Impressive 90 liters size
- H3 tube framing to reduce strain
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- High capacity
- Doesn’t include frame
Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack
The superday backpack is a super model in the Badlands market. Thanks to the waist belt, it hugs the back and acts like a frame pack.
It is one of the large spaced backpack. It is known as the best backpack for elk hunting. It has 30L space which is extremely enough to done that job.
1. It has one main compartment with 7 pockets due to no fussy design.
2. It consists of back strips which are designed to distribute weight to your shoulders and back. This feature lowers the risk of injury during elk hunting.
3. It contains waist belt with pockets in which we keep our mobile phones and GPS device.
4. It is affordable for any normal person.
5. It is not suitable for woodland environments
[4.7 out of 5]
- Can carry weapons
- Scratch and water resistance
- Ultralight empty carry weight
- Easy to clean
- Hydration pack is not included
- Numerous pockets
I still remember my first solo hunting trip. It was 8 years ago when I packed my hunting gear in a backpack. The purpose of this trip was to get over my fear of solo hunting. The trip started it all. My hunting style has changed a lot in many ways since then. I remember the first night that I spent wandering and gazing into the wild for hours. I had packed all the food and other essentials in the backpack. This made my trip bit easier. The next morning was quite busy for me. I chased down an elk and shot it down with my crossbow. I was by no means an expert but I enjoyed my solo backpack hunting. But I was pretty much amazed at how much a backpack can bring ease to your hunt. Since then I have been in love with the experience. Years ago, people did not have the backpacks. Therefore, they had to suffer a lot to hunt. But now we have these backpacks which have removed one of the hurdles and also made our hands free.
How Big Of a Backpack Do I Need For Elk Hunting?
The general rule of thumb is to consider the days of the trip. If you have plans for five days trip, you should definitely go for a 4000 to 5000 cubic inches backpack. But a backpack less than 2000 cubic inches is enough for days hunt unless you plan to go with a bit bigger game. A rookie hunter will bring too much stuff in the start. But as you grow older as a hunter, the list will start to get smaller. This means, you need to stop packing your fears.
What Should I Pack For Elk Hunting?
The pack list for elk hunting includes first aid kit, food, and hunting gear which will also include clothing. But as I mentioned earlier, a veteran hunter will pack what is necessary. My dad once told me to wisely choose what to pack because pounds and pains are equal in hunting. You will need sleeping gear if you are planning on a stay in the night and a flashlight. Secondly, you need some basic clothing gear including gloves, hunting cap, boots, leg gaiters, and spare warm socks. Next, you need optics including binoculars, tripod, go pro, rangefinder and some others.
What Do I Need To Hunt Elk In Colorado?
Well first, make sure you have proper tags along with a Colorado Hunter Safety Card instead of just showing up and shooting. The hunters also need to buy Elk Licenses OTC (the abbreviation is Over-the Top) in Colorado. There are several units in the Colorado which can be used for hunting with the OTC tags.
The second thing which you need to know is the harvest and hunting season for elks in Colorado. Hunting success depends on these factors.